Quality care, downtown convenience.
Located in Lower Downtown Denver, The Barth Hotel Assisted Living Residence provides support and assistance to seniors and older adults with disabilities who enjoy the bustle and activity of the city.
The Barth Hotel, an historically designated building, has not only history but a wonderful sense of pride among its diverse residents and staff. Located in the heart of Lower Downtown, just two blocks from Union Station.
Our Application Process Includes
A completed application
An in-person assessment
A physician’s assessment
Tour of the property
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEDICAID AND PRIVATE PAY UNITS - NO WAIT LIST!
Lower Downtown offers the activity of commuters, residential neighbors, restaurants, and Rockies games. Our residents love resting on the benches of our sidewalks greeting passersby, and watching buildings develop into our Denver skyline.
- 16th Street Mall just one block away
- Coors Field, and occasional free Colorado Rockies tickets for residents
- Restaurants and shopping downtown
- Union Station transportation by bus, light rail, and train just a few blocks away
- Celebrations, parades and other exciting events occur just outside our front door
The historic Barth Hotel is known by many as a beautiful remnant of the city’s past. Once a grand hotel, our front facade is maintained in part by grants from State Historic Funds. The footprint of the community is on the corner of two significant streets – 17th and Blake.
- Five levels including the lobby on the ground level, mezzanine, and three floors of units
- Views of various parts of the city from the rooms
- Activity and game room, as well as a piano on the ground level
- Elevator access to all floors
Inside Our Home
As an Assisted Living community, we provide medication administration, meals, activities, 24-hour staffing, and snacks available 24/7
- Private rooms with tall ceilings reminiscent of days past
- Bathrooms in many units; common showers/baths also available
- Home-cooked meals in our kitchen
- Common dining facility on the mezzanine level overlooking the lobby
- Activities organized in the facility and field trips planned regularly
Meet the Manager
Lori Garner, a graduate of Colorado State University, joined Barth Hotel Assisted Living Center in August of 2019 as the Resident Services Director. Lori was later promoted to Assistant Administrator and now Administrator of The Barth. Prior to joining The Barth, Lori worked 7 years as Director of Operations for a large Colorado health plan, eight years as a small business owner of a local restaurant and four years as an Administrator for a 501c3 organization. Lori is committed to healthcare issues that affect the underserved populations in Colorado. She volunteers with many community organizations to support her passion and she finds joy in what she does at The Barth as it supports her personal mission.