Privacy Practices



When it comes to your Protected health information, you have certain rights. You have the right to:

  • You may ask to see or obtain an electronic or paper copy of your medical records and other health information we have about you. Contact Senior Housing Options at 303-595-4464.
  • We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information and may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee for doing so.
  • You may ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Please contact Senior Housing Options for further details.
  • You may ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address and we will comply with all requests.
  • You may ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment or our operations. We may deny your request if we believe it may affect your care.
  • You may request a list (accounting) of the times and to whom we have shared your health information. We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment and healthcare operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make).
  • You may ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy by contacting Senior Housing Options.
  • If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person may exercise your rights and make choices about your health information, we will verify the person has this authority and may act for you before we take any action.
  • You may complain if you feel we have violated your right by contacting us using the information below. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
  • You may file a complaint with the U.S Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by opening and fill out the Health Information Privacy Complaint Form Package – PDF in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader software to fill out the complaint and consent forms. You may either:
    • Print and mail the completed complaint and consent forms to:
      Centralized Case Management Operations
      U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
      200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
      Room 509F HHH Bldg.
      Washington, D.C. 20201
    • Email the completed complaint and consent forms to (Please note that communication by unencrypted email presents a risk that personally identifiable information contained in such an email, may be intercepted by unauthorized third parties
    • Open the OCR Complaint Portal and select the type of complaint you would like to file:


We may use or share your health information for treatment, to obtain payment, and/or to operate our business.

We may use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.

We may use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.

We may use and share your health information to bill and receive payment form health plans or other entities.

We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to public good, such as public health, safety, and research. We must meet many conditions in the law before we may share your information for these purposes. For more information visit:

We may share health information about you for certain situations such as public health and safety issues:

  • Preventing disease
  • Helping with product recalls
  • Reporting adverse reactions to medications
  • Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
  • Preventing or reducing a serious threat to a person’s health or safety

We may share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).

We may share health information with coroners, medical examiners, or funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties.

We may use or share health information about you to comply with workers compensation law enforcement and other government requests:

  • For Workers’ compensation claims
  • For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
  • With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
  • For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services.

We may share health information about you in response to a court or administrative orders, or in response to a subpoena.


We are required to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.

We are required to notify you promptly in the event your information is compromised.

We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it on request.

We will not use or share your information other than described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us, we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.

For more information visit: