Assisted Living and Senior Apartments with a Beautiful View
With views of the Battlement Mesa Mountains, residents of both assisted living and private apartments enjoy safe, secure and very comfortable living at this beautiful community.
A very modern and finely decorated community built in 1999. This combination of two different levels of care provide a great mix of tenants, and increases the opportunities for engagement of both in meals and activities. The apartment units are Section 8 housing, and have income requirements for selection of tenants. Private pay, or Medicaid are accepted for the assisted living units. There is also an Adult Day program available to non-tenants, and respite care is available.
Mesa Vista combines the peace and beauty of a western Colorado mesa with all the amenities each of us has come to expect. Near Parachute, Colorado just off I-70, between Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction, our community is located on the southern bluffs, facing north toward the mesas. Gorgeous views are present in all directions.
- The nearby Colorado River, meadows and arroyos are natural habitats of deer, elk, and Bald Eagles, offering convenient settings for lovely outdoor excursions one can enjoy in every season
- Nestled at 5,000 feet on a warm, climate-protected mesa surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains
- Regular bus outings available
- Located near Mesa Shopping Plaza, neighborhood restaurants, a community recreation center, eight churches. Medical facilities across the street.
Designed around an open-air central courtyard, a lodge look and feel, residents can choose from many areas to sit and relax and enjoy time with family and friends. The building itself has a “lodge” feel to it, both in the architecture and the interior design and decor.
- Five acres of property, within the 3200-acre Battlement Mesa retirement community
- A walking path around the building gives an easy opportunity for activity
- Dining facilities and home-cooked meals
- Four common great-rooms with televisions and fire places, for socialization and relaxing
- Central protected courtyard with garden boxes, for the hobbyist to connect with the earth
Inside Our Home
Mesa Vista creates a resident-centered atmosphere that promotes personal independence and choice with a sense of security and well being. Residents enjoy private accommodations with beautiful mountain views and ample opportunities for meaningful engagement.
- Medication administration and personal care services for assisted living residents (electronic medication system increases med-pass accuracy and positive outcomes for our residents)
- Housekeeping and home-cooked meals are included
- 24-hours staffing for secure and safe living
- Social and outside activities provided regularly
- Six One-bedroom and 26 Studios in Assisted Living units, all have private bathrooms
- Two One-bedroom and Six Studio Apartments have kitchens, including a small refrigerator, kitchen sink, cabinets and a microwave. Apartment residents may participate in a meal plan through the central kitchen and dining room. View Sample Menu
Recent Happenings at Mesa Vista
Meet the Manager
Kathy is originally from San Diego, Ca. Kathy attended nursing school right out of high school and obtained her LPN. Kathy worked in the field of nursing until her children were born, and then she became a full-time mom to her two children. Kathy moved to Colorado and raised her children. Kathy owned a property management/vacation rental and real estate company in Aspen and Snowmass. Before beginning her career at Mesa Vista. Kathy started at Mesa Vista as the activity director, marketing and administrative assistant. Kathy has worked for Mesa Vista since 2010 and has served in the position of administrator since 2014. Helping people has always been her passion and brings her much pleasure.
Kathy enjoys camping, hiking and fishing. She also enjoys traveling and especially loves Spain and Alaska. Kathy loves to share her outdoor enjoyment with her lovely grandchildren.