Modern, award winning assisted living in Southwest Colorado
Located in a residential neighborhood, close to Cortez’s Main Street
Voted Best Assisted Living in Montezuma County by Cortez readers each year since 2011, Madison House is the only nonprofit-owned Assisted Living in the county. It is situated in Cortez, in the southwest corner of Colorado, where the San Juan Mountains and the desert canyon country meet. Here you’ll be close to the Four Corners area where the borders of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona touch to create one of the most fabled places in America.
Our Application Process Includes
A completed application
An in-person assessment
A physician’s assessment
Tour of the property
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEDICAID AND PRIVATE PAY UNITS - NO WAIT LIST!
Madison House offers both the convenience of local amenities as well as nearby breathtaking views of the Mesa Verde, La Plata and Ute Mountain ranges. Because of its unique location close to Mesa Verde National Park, you will always have an abundance of excursion possibilities.
- Frequent bus outings, community events, and parties are part of life at Madison House.
- Two blocks from Main Street – shopping and medical services close by
- Single family homes next door
- Milder winters than most of Colorado due to its elevation and sunshine-almost 321 days a year!
Located in a quiet neighborhood not far from many services. A grant from the Colorado Garden Foundation allowed the addition of a new garden with a pergola, pavers and easy access by wheelchair, and five planter boxes ready for flowers or vegetables.
- Updated and expanded in 1991
- Single floor community with easy access
- Plenty of parking for residents and guests
- Central dining and sitting areas provide lots of options for socializing
Inside Our Home
Madison House creates a resident centered atmosphere that promotes personal independence and choice with a sense of security and well being. Madison House also has a long standing reputation of providing quality care and high satisfaction for both its residents and families, as verified by surveys.
- 28 assisted living units, four of which are double occupancy
- Medication administration, home-cooked meals, and housekeeping all included
- An electronic medication system is also used to increases med-pass accuracy and positive outcomes for our residents.
- Social activities provided regularly, on-site and through excursions
- 24-hours staffing creates a safe and secure environment
Meet the Manager