Affordable Apartment Living
Apartments for Seniors & Adults with Disabilities
If you are intersted in participating in this study be completing a survey and possibly an interview please check out the link for more information.
Mesa Vista Senior Apartments-NOW accepting applications for moveins!
Silver Spruce and Grand Living Apartments-NOW accepting applications for Fall openings!!
Servicios Apartment has reopened their waitlist-Effective 9.1.13
The Olin Apartments has reopened their waiting list-Effective 6.21.13
Our low income apartments are subsidized by the Federal government and are designed for seniors and adults with disabilities who enjoy living independently but need the financial assistance provided through the subsidy. In our apartments, we keep rents affordable.
- Apartments are in great locations both-urban and rural settings
- Accessible to neighborhood shops, dining & more
- Private kitchens and shared laundry facilities
- Easy access to public transportation
- A community of seniors and adults with disabilities living together
- Pet, companion, and support and service animal friendly
- Multifamily Project Based Section 8 Available (This means that our apartments are available for seniors and disabled individuals ((and their families if applicable)) with incomes at or below 50% of the area median income)
- A section 8 voucher is not required because assistance is assigned to the unit
Residents pay approximately 30% of their adjusted monthly income towards rent. In order to initially qualify, applicants have incomes at or below 50% of the area median income. In accordance with HUD regulations, preference is provided to those applicants with incomes at or below 30% of the area median income.
Monthly income is adjusted to account for medical or other eligible expenses.
Utilities are included in tenant rent or a utility allowance is provided by way of a deduction in monthly rent due.
Rents are adjusted on an ongoing basis to reflect changes in resident’s income.
SHO has apartments available in both Denver, Garfield and Grand Counties.
Recurring monthly income not greater than qualifications set by federal standard. (No fixed asset tests)
Seniors age 62 or an adult with a disability-Varies with each property
Meet federal screening requirements including income level verification, criminal, landlord, and other management verifications as outlined in the Senior Housing Options (SHO) Tenant Selection Plan.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations are available under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
SHO complies with all fair housing requirements and applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
“Equal Housing Opportunity”
All documents are available in other formats by request.
Such as: what is low income, subsidized, or affordable housing?