Snow Day V at The Union Station Great Hall
The Last Romance
Under the Mistletoe at Union Station
SHO’s 2015 Chili Cook Off
The Odd Couple
Holiday Events at our Residences
Cinnamon Park’s Annual Craft & Bake Sale-Longmont
Dec 6th & 7th 10-5 PM
Always a HUGE crowd so get there early for their homemade goodies!
Reindeers needed for Longmont Parade on Dec. 14th for the CP bus (Santa’s Sleigh!!)
The Olin Apartments:
- Annual Holiday Craft Bazaar & Bake Sale 12.6-8th
- Dec. 12th at 2 PM courtesy of Trinity United Methodist Church & Most Precious Blood
- Holiday Dinner and Bingo 12.19 at 5 PM
- Fried Chicken lunch 12.24 at noon
The Barth Hotel:
- LoDo Cares Holiday Dinner on Dec. 10th compliments of: The Keg Steakhouse, Jax Fish House, The Tavern and Coohills!!! Yum-oh!
- Rotary tree trimming party 12.11
- Angels Among Us Sister GerogeAnn 12.13
- Ladies of Charity Ice Cream Social 12.5
- Santa arrives on 12.24-LoDo Cares & Tripani family
- Friend chicken lunch 12.24
- Annual Craft & Bake Sale 12.6-12.7
- Red Lobster lunch 12.12
- Longmont Parade of Lights Parade 12.14
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas production 12.15
- Holiday Cookie Bake 12.16
- Carols-Barbershoppers 12.17
- St. Francis of Assisi donate resident gifts
- Staff party 12.28
- Resident & Family Dinner 12.18
- CO Bank & Trust donate resident gifts 12.24
- Staff party potluck 12.6
- Resident & Family Holiday party 12.14
- Staff party 12.19
- Resident & Family Holiday party 12.14
- Staff party 12.5
- Resident & Family Holiday party 12.5
The Decatur/September House:
- Home Instead Home Health donates resident gifts
- Jane & her elves drop by on 12.24
- Van Gilder donates resident gifts
- Our Savior Lutheran Church 12.11
Grand Living/Silver Spruce:
- Maverick’s grill resident/staff party 12.13
- Rocky Mountain Bar & Grill resident/staff party 12.11
Other Past Events
On Golden Pond
SNOW DAY II
An Icicle Paradise on Wynkoop to Help Benefit the Residents of The Barth Hotel
Thanks for Joining Us!
Friday, December 6, between 7pm and 12am
Hosted by Mr. Wayne Dale, Christine Cullen and Nathaniel Trelease
The Olin Hotel Holiday Craft Bazaar & Bake Sale
Dec 6th 2-7 PM
Dec 7th &8th 11-5 PM
All proceeds benefit the resident council activity fund.
Mesa Vista Assisted Living Annual Craft Sale-Parachute
Nov. 23rd from 10-4 PM
Thanks for coming!
SHO participated in the Human Services Network of CO Resource Fair 2013
Human Services Network of Colorado
The Fair served as a general resource to all human service professionals, including case workers, probation and parole officers, students, and managers at human service agencies. Deliberately broad in scope, it aims to connect people and organizations of all different kinds.
Park Hill Residence once again participated in the Home Tour-Sept. 22, 2013
The 35th Annual Greater Park Hill Home Tour of local homes and landmarks included a Street Fair, a Silent Auction and a food court with a wine and beer garden.
National Assisted Living Week 2013
Thank You for once again for supporting our Annual Fundraiser-Steel Magnolias!
What a HUGE success this was!
The Olin Annual Rummage Sale Fundraiser
August 30th & 31st
What a HUGE Success!!! Thank you Denver!
Week of Hope volunteers visit SHO again this summer
The Barth, Park Hill Residence & The Olin Apartments welcome the kids again this year!
Community Service Youth Mission Trips
Park Hill Annual Rummage Sale Fundraiser
July 26-27th-What fun!
Cinnamon Park Annual Rummage Sale Fundraiser
July 26-27th-Thanks for joining us!
Emerson Gardens Rummage Sale Fundraiser
Thanks for your support!
The Olin Apartments Week Of Hope
Community service youth mission trips!
Park Hill Residence
Thank you to our sponsors and walkers that accompanied our residents in this fun event!
All proceeds raised help support our resident activity fund for the year.
Thank you for your support with this year’s event!
June 22, 2013
Thanks for your continued support for all of our community events in 2012!
SNOW DAY: A White HOT Affair
Community Shares has been Colorado’s community giving fund for 26 years. With an average donation of less than $1 a day, workplace donors like you have invested more than $22 million into Colorado nonprofits like Senior Housing Options.
Your paycheck contribution of $1 a day – $5 each work week – adds up to a $260 annual donation to the charities and causes you care about most.
We hope you choose Senior Housing Options during the Community Shares Fall Campaign in your office. Please tell your co-workers about SHO and encourage them to make a difference by making a contribution!
Campaign ID numbers for SHO are:
- Community Shares for Colorado #5156
- Denver Employees Combined Campaign #5133
- Metro Denver Combined Federal Campaign #45523
- Colorado Combined Campaign #5131
If Community Shares is not offered at your workplace, contact us and we would be happy to speak with your employer. You may also write-in Senior Housing Options as a “donor choice” option on your office’s United Way pledge card.
Cinnamon Park Assisted Living
Annual Holiday Craft & Bake Sale
1335 Cinnamon St., Longmont, CO
Dec. 7-8th 9-4 PM
The Olin Hotel Apartments
Holiday Craft Bazaar & Bake Sale
1420 Logan Street (Just south off Colfax)
Dec. 7th 3-7 PM, Dec. 8t h from 11-4 PM & Dec. 9th from 12-5 PM
Mesa Vista hosts A Matter of Balance Program
Classes are taught by trained volunteer coaches. CALL today and reserve your spot.
Mesa Vista Craft Sale & Open House
Nov 17, Parachute, Craft Fair, Grand Valley High School, Cardinal Way
OPEN HOUSE & BAKE SALE AT MESA VISTA-SAME DAY!!
Please stop by Mesa Vista for FREE hot cocoa and popcorn.
Come check out our beautiful Assisted Living located right in Parachute!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays!
Assisted Living staff head to CALA Fall Conference
Tomorrows Challenges & Opportunities: Starting the Future Today Oct. 11-12, 2012
Pet Aid Home Outreach Pet Wellness & Vaccine Clinic hosted at The Olin Apartments
PetAid Colorado, a 501(c)(3), was created to support education, scholarship, and service programs that improve animal health and welfare in Colorado. The involvement of veterinarians makes the foundation unique, allowing it to make the broadest impact on animal health and to offer services and insights that no other group can. In short, the foundation exists to make Colorado a better place for animals and people.
Mesa Vista supports Dental Hygiene Month by hosting Senior Mobile Dental Services-October 4th
This is a low cost preventative oral health clinic that performs cleanings and dental screenings for seniors. Medicaid/Medicare does not cover preventive oral health care.
Madison House hosts coffee for School Bond Discussion
A Bond issue is up for a vote soon for a new high school. Alex Carter will come and explain the Proposed bond and answer questions. Community Welcome to attend!
Special Guest-Dictrict Superindepent-Alex Carter
SHO staff volunteer at Project Homeless Connect 12
Sept. 26, 2012 CO Convention Center
FREE Resource Fair for people who are homeless or at risk that need help
Cathi, Jane, Adam and Hilarie volunteered at this event.
Park Hill Residence participates in Annual Park Hill Home Tour & Street Fair
The Park Hill Home Tour & Street Fair Sunday, Sept. 23
An annual tour of Denver’s most architecturally diverse neighborhoods and enjoy food, entertainment and family fun during the street fair.
SHO joins Seniors Solutions of Colorado at Senior Resource EXPOCook Park Recreation Center
Sept. 19, 2012
SHO provided housing resources and spoke on a panel to address housing questions.
In Celebration of National Assisted Living Week
Sept. 9-15th, 2012
THANKS FOR JOINING US!
Cliffview Assisted Living residents show “Art of Quilting” for NALW
Park Hill Residence and Co-hosted by The Barth Hotel
Friday, September 14th
The “Art” of Chocolate for National Assisted Living Week
The story of chocolate is a “rich” tale indeed. It involves aristocracy and slavery, innovation and coincidence. Pivotal roles were played by both Christopher Columbus and Hernando Cortéz. Join Active Minds as we describe how extremely bitter cacao beans are transformed into one of the world’s most sought after flavors and tell chocolate stories such as the rise the luxury chocolate industry in Switzerland and the origins of the Hershey company.
Cinnamon Park Assisted Living
NALW Cabaret Sept. 12th
Madison House Assisted Living
NALW Ice Cream Social Sept. 13th with Special Guest: Mayor Porter of Cortez
Mesa Vista Residence NALW Art Show
Saturday, Sept. 15th, 2012
Thanks for joining us for our Summer Fundraiser!
“Driving Miss Daisy”
July 26-August 18, 2012
Cinnamon Park Annual Rummage Sale Fundraiser
July 27-28th, 2012 1335 Cinnamon Street, Longmont, CO
The 11th Annual Saint Paul Golf Classic
Thursday, June 21, 2012 Green Valley Ranch Golf Course
All proceeds to benefit Senior Housing Options
Park Hill Assisted Living Walk-A-Thon
May 22, 2012
The Residents of Park Hill joined in the fight against Arthritis as May is National Arthritis Month!
They walked around our block as many times as they are safely able to, and we are asking people to pledge per lap (Example $.50 or $1.00 per lap). Money will be split between the Exercise Program at Park Hill and a donation to the Arthritis Foundation. They raised over $500.00.
Park Hill says Goodbye to Iva Prinsen on April 24th
Administrator since 2003
Cinnamon Park Spring Fundraiser
Easter & Spring Baskets Sale 3.26 to 4.6.12
Madison Open House Celebration
Feb. 1st, 2012
Cliffview Booth at Local Craft Fair
Dec. 3, 2011
Kremmling Preschool Craft Fair ~ at the West Grand High School
The residents made all of the goodies sold at the sale!
Annual Cinnamon Park Annual Craft & Bake Sale Fundraiser
Dec. 2nd & 3rd-Thanks for joining us!
Mesa Vista Craft & Bake Sale/Open House Party
Thanks for Joining us! November 19th, 2011
Wanted!!! Your Award Winning Chili
Joy Wine & Spirits’ Inaugural Chili Cook-Off
A Charity Fundraiser benefiting Senior Housing Options & the Alamo Placita and Driving Park
SHO won best chili!!! Thanks for coming!
National Assisted Living Week Sept. 11-17, 2011
Thank you for joining us for our NALW events!
NCAL established National Assisted Living Week® (NALW) in 1995 as a way to promote assisted living to the public. It provides a unique opportunity for residents, families, staff, volunteers, and the surrounding community to come together to celebrate and enjoy a variety of events that show the residents how much we care for and love them.
Photos from NALW
Theatre at The Barth
2011—Chasing Manet by Tina Howe
- “As the leads, Billie McBride as Catherine and Carol Bloom as Rennie are both very good and provide a strong contrast. McBride is grumpy and hard to get along with, but shows her softer side occasionally, too. Her passion for art and the determination she has to escape are captivating. Bloom captures the essence of dementia well, almost disturbingly so. She is sweet and confused, but also covers the range of common symptoms from abrupt anger and physical violence to the unexpected loss of inhibitions remarkably well.” – Craig Williamson, North Denver Tribune
- “It must be said that Billie McBride makes any show she’s in instantly wonderful.” – Kurt Brighton, Denver Post
- “Billie McBride plays Catherine, Carol Bloom is Rennie and Laurence Hecht Royal, and there are solid performances from Brian Kusic, Joey Wishnia, ZZ Moor and Pam McCreary, each playing several roles.” – Juliet Wittman, Westword
- Photos from Chasing Manet
2010 – Picasso at the Lapin Agile by Steve Martin. What the critics said:
- “Amid genius, the silly and sublime collide…” – Kurt Brighton, The Denver Post
- “Buying a ticket is doing a good – but it’s also your entrée to a delightful time.” – Juliet Wittman, Westword
- “This is a perfect example of a production where all the pieces fit together beautifully and create and evening of entertainment this is enchanting, funny, thought provoking, and beautiful…Go see this show, bring some friends that enjoy a good conversation, and spread the word about this little show that makes a big impact. – Deb Flomberg, Denver Theater Examiner
- “The annual summer production provides much-needed funds for SHO, and a wonderful opportunity to see a quality production in a unique setting. This year’s offering, Steve Martin’s Picasso at the Lapin Agile is well-produced, interesting, funny, and entertaining.” – Craig Williamson, North Denver Tribune
- “See this for the pure pleasure of hearing Martin’s charming script delivered by a cast of really well-polished actors. Words and ideas rule. And, of course, by buying a ticket, you support a most worthy organization…..” – Sonya Ellingboe, Littleton Independent
2009 – A Hint of Winter by Terri Draeger. What the critics said:
- “Overall, there’s a gentleness and generosity to the evening that makes it worthwhile (and a worthy fundraiser for SHO…” – Juliet Wittman, Westword
- “’A Hint of Winter’ is a sincere play that starts with several strikes against it, all of which are ultimately conquered by its sheer purity of purpose.” – John Moore, The Denver Post
2008 – Reprisal of the Hot l Baltimore by Lanford Wilson. What the critics said:
- “Engaging ‘Hot l’ shows sensitivity” – Lisa Bornstein, Rocky Mountain News
- “Make a Reservation: This production enlarges our sense of what theater is and the subtle, intriguing ways in which it can speak to us. You don’t want to miss it.” – Juliet Wittman, Westword
- “Visceral ‘Hot L Baltimore’ still hits where we live….The Barth is an assisted-living facility for hard-luck seniors that provides the kind of realistic atmosphere no theater could replicate.” – John Moore, The Denver Post
- “They don’t write plays like ‘The Hot L Baltimore’ anymore. And they don’t build hotels like the Barth Hotel anymore. Together, they’re a match made in environmental-theater heaven.” – Mark Collins, The Daily Camera